Welcome to Hair-Pedia Hair-Pedia- this is your area for ALL things hair- how-to videos and content, ingredient breakdowns, product information, tips and tricks from experts around the world and the list goes on. Here we will endeavour to lift the veil and give you all the info as we know it, and from the brains of our expert friends. Let’s all master our follicles together- hair greatness awaits.
So, why purple shampoo? Why am I putting purple stuff on my blonde hair? I don’t want to look like an off-colour Smurf.
Friends gather round- let’s break this down.
Purple shampoo is a tried and tested vibe for balancing brassy, yellow or unwanted golden tones from blonde, lightened, highlighted or grey hair. But we understand it can be daunting when you are looking at dark purple products wondering what may happen to the blonde locks you regularly invest in.
We all love a good purple shampoo- but most of the ones we tried can really dry your hair out if the pigment load is not properly balanced with hydrating and conditioning ingredients. And for the blondes in the room- we’ve all had an experience at some point with purple toning products that flattened us out, went too ash or deepened our tone. Not cool.
Enter tone up blonde toning shampoo- the partner to help balance all your brassy bits and neutralize yellow tones. Suitable for blonde, grey, and highlighted hair of all hair types and textures.
Get toned up with a mild shampoo that tones your hair to a neutral or cool tone, whilst adding weightless hydration, repair and strengthening to fortify the hair against breakage and dry hair. We’ve added delightful things like Hyaluronic acid, Panthenol, Hydrolysed Rice Protein, Vitamin E, Glycerine and Cationic guar to give your hair a big dose of moisture and repair whilst toning and adding shine, silkiness, and manageability. And that’s before you get to our pigment balance- perfected to give you brighter blondes by neutralising your yellow and gold undertones- without flattening your sparkle. Now that’s what we call a super set.
We have made sure that our products are clean, and performance based to suit everyone. No sulfates, parabens, Phthalates, SLS, SLES, PEGS, TEA, DEA, MEA, silicones, propylene glycol, palm oil, gluten. We are vegan and cruelty free with a sustainability focus to make sure you can look great, enjoy doing your hair and expressing yourself without sacrificing our planet or your ethics.
How to get the best results from your purple shampoo?
- Wet hair down, if you have curls or texture, you may like to dry detangle or pre-treat prior to washing. If you have a lot of scalp or product build-up- we would recommend a clarifying shampoo prior to your toning wash.
- Apply 2-4 pumps depending on your length and texture. Emulsify the product in your hands prior to applying throughout the hair to ensure even product and pigment distribution.
- Sud it up baby- Tone up is sulfate free and uses mild but very effective cleansing ingredients to ensure clean hair without stripping it of natural oils and hydration.
- RINSE AND REPEAT- Leave for up to 5 minutes depending on the toning and treatment result desired. The first wash will cleanse the hair and begin toning, but the second shampoo where the hair fibre is clean and evenly balanced is where your toning magic will happen.
- Rinse and apply desired conditioner or treatment to finish.
Et Viola, Mon Amie. You are toned and ready to style your blonde to its brightest heights.